|We are pleased that you plan to join us at our Club and would like to make your visit enjoyable and comfortable for you. Your Host can answer any questions you may have and listed below are some guidelines to help.
Golf Course Rules and Regulations
The Golf Committee at Brooklawn Country Club has adapted a set of Rules and Regulations for the golf course.
- Rules of Golf
- Brooklawn is a member of the USGA and abides by the Rules of Golf as established and published by the USGA.
- Local Club rules are published on the back of the scorecard.
- When appropriate, an amended set of local rules may be handed out on the first tee.
- No one under 18 years of age may operate a cart.
- No more than two occupants per cart.
- Please use the cart parts where available.
- Do not park or drive carts near the greens (30 feet) or approaches to the greens.
- Pull carts are not allowed.
- Caddies shall not be reserved by specific name. They may be requested on a general basis if available.
- Pace of Play
- In the interest of all, players should complete their round in under four (4) hours.
- Course Maintenance
- All players must repair their ball marks on the greens, replace their divots and rake traps.
- Dress Code
- The following apply to the golf course, the practice putting green and the practice range:
- Blue jeans of any style, short-shorts or mini-skirts, cut-offs, tank tops, bathing suits, tennis apparel or men’s and boys’ shirts without collars are not permitted. Bermuda length shorts are acceptable.
- Shirttails must be tucked in.
- Gentlemen are not permitted to wear hats in the Club house except in the pro shop and locker room areas. Caps should be worn bill forward.
- Only spikeless golf shoes and rubber soled shoes are permitted. If your golf shoes are not spikeless, please see the men’s or ladies’ room locker attendants to have your spikes changed.
- Cell Phones
- The use of wireless communication devices is banned everywhere on ‘Club grounds and in the Club House with the following exceptions:
- Locker rooms and parking lot.
- While on the golf course, Physicians and Dentists who are on call may carry such devices only in the silent mode and may in emergency medical situations receive and make calls discreetly.
- Wireless communication devices will not be allowed on the golf course under any circumstances during tournaments.
- Problems with a Member of the Brooklawn Staff
- Although we do not expect any such problems, if one should arise, please inform your member host and s/he will be responsible to bring the issue to the attention of the Head Golf Professional, the Club’s General Manager or the appropriate committee chairperson.
General Club Rules
Informal attire is permitted every night except Saturday when jackets are required in the main dinning room for men and dresses, pantsuits or dressy pants outfits are required for women. For the Grill Room and the porch informal attire including golf attire is permitted at all times. Blue jeans and cut offs are not permitted on the grounds. Golf hats should not be worn in the club house.
Golf course allows Bermuda length shorts (cut slightly above the knee) and only SPIKELESS and RUBBER soled shoes are permitted. Men should wear collared shirts and they should be tucked in.
Tennis courts only allow white outfits with collars for men and regulation tennis shoes. Women may wear skirts or tennis shorts.
Pool area does not allow cut offs and cover up and shoes are required outside the pool area.
Smoking and Electronic Devices
Smoking is permitted in the clubhouse except that there is no smoking in the main dining room and cigar smoking is not permitted from 6:00 PM until 9:00PM in the Grill Room.
Cellular Phones are banned on the club grounds except in the locker rooms and pagers and beepers are also banned unless the silent type.